Free professional courses at IHRD; Apply before September 15th | Career and campus
Applications can be submitted for free professional courses at institutions managed by the Institute for Human Resources Development (IHRD) until September 15. These courses were initiated by the National Backward Classes Development Corporation.
Applicant must belong to OBC category with annual family income below Rs 3 lakh or economically backward with annual family income below Rs 1 lakh. Applicants must be between 18 and 45 years old.
1. Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) 12 months.
Institute: College of Engineering, Adoor, Telephone – 85470 05100.
2. Diploma in Computerized Financial Accounting (DCFA) is a six month course.
Institute: IHRD Extension Center in Kundara. Phone – 85470 05090.
3. Electrician (Home solutions): Qualification: SSLC.
Institutes: (i) Model Finishing School, Thiruvananthapuram Telephone – 85470 05050. (ii) Kozhikode College of Applied Sciences, 94462 558723. (iii) Puthuppally College of Applied Sciences, 85470 05040. (iv) Painavu Model Polytechnic College , 94968 22245. (v) IHRD extension center in Thavanur, 86067 48935. (vi) Technical upper secondary, Varadium, 94970 72620.
4. Field technician (other household appliances): Qualification: SSLC.
Institutes: (i) Model Finishing School in Thiruvananthapuram, 85470 05050. (ii) Model Finishing School in Ernakulam, 0484 2985252.
* As part of the National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM), courses in electrician for home solutions and field technician for other household appliances are also offered. Diploma: SSLC.
Institutes: (i) Model Finishing School in Ernakulam, 0484 29852522. (ii) Model Finishing School in Thiruvananthapuram, 85470 05050 (iii) College of Applied Sciences in Kozhikode, 94462 558723.
Applicants for the above NULM courses must be permanent residents within company or municipal boundaries. In addition, they must be in the BPL category or have an annual family income of less than Rs 1 lakh.
Age: 18 to 30 years old.