Moderna sits atop a mountain of silver after a blistering quarter
COVID-19 vaccine developer Moderna (Nasdaq: MRNA) reported revenue of $6.1 billion in the first quarter of 2022, more than triple the $1.7 billion for the same period of 2021, significantly exceeding the analysts’ expectations.
As in 2021, almost all of the money came from sales of the company’s coronavirus vaccine, its only approved product.
The company is poised for another groundbreaking year, with Advance Purchase Agreements signed worth approximately $21 billion in…
This article is accessible to registered users, to continue reading, please register for free. A free trial will give you access to exclusive features, interviews, summaries and commentary from the sharpest minds in the pharma and biotech space for one week. If you are already a registered user, please login. If your trial period is over, you can register here.
Try before you buy
• All the news that moves the needle in pharma and biotech.
• Exclusive features, podcasts, interviews, data analysis and commentary from our global network of life science journalists.
• Receive The Pharma Letter daily newsletter, free forever.
Become a subscriber
• Unfettered access to top pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry news, commentary and analysis.
• Updates on clinical trials, conferences, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, financing, regulatory, patent and legal, executive appointments, business strategy and financial results.
• Daily roundup of key events in pharma and biotechnology.
• In-depth monthly briefings on board appointments and M&A news.
• Choose between an economical annual plan or a flexible monthly subscription.