Reserve a rewarding career through our hotel and accommodation management program
Did you know that hotels across the country support more than one in 25 American jobs and that the hospitality industry pays more than $ 97 billion in wages and salary income? JCCC’s Hotel and Accommodation Management program teaches the skills needed to be successful in this high-demand industry.
Our Hospitality Management Program is one of the many degree courses in the Hospitality Management Program. The course begins with fundamental topics such as service management as well as trends in tourism, accommodation and catering.
In addition to industry-specific courses, a variety of electives are available to help students stand out from potential employers. Eligible electives include Nutrition and Meal Planning, Basic Spanish, Sales and Marketing, and more.
Throughout the program, students will learn to:
- Supervise a very diverse team of people
- Oversee catering operations for maximum profit
- Ensure excellence in housekeeping operations and food service sanitation
- Effectively use business mathematics, operational cost control and accounting strategies for the hospitality industry
- Conduct marketing and sales campaigns in highly competitive markets to reach an increasingly demanding clientele
- Apply the fundamentals of professional preparation and cooking
- Comply with the laws and regulations applicable to the hotel and tourism sectors
An Associate of Applied Science in Hotel and Lodging Management can be obtained in just four semesters. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be well prepared to launch a career in this exciting field.
Hotel management at JCCC
Our hotel management instructors bring years of industry expertise to every classroom. JCCC offers smaller classes, with only 20-25 students per class, for a more personalized learning environment.
Jobs in the local hospitality industry are regularly updated on the JCCC Career Development Center’s online job listing and internship board. Students also have quick access to networking opportunities through our Hotel Management Advisory Board. These industry professionals offer advice and guidance on a variety of topics during a student’s time at JCCC and beyond.
And for high school students who already know they are interested in a career in hospitality, our Career Paths Program can be a great start to college credit.
Go to the next stage
Learn more about the JCCC Hotel and accommodation management program and the exciting career paths that await you. Our registration process is quick, easy and there is no cost to apply!