Salesforce reaches net zero across its entire value chain and 100% renewable energy
SAN FRANCISCO, September 21, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the global leader in CRM, today announced that it is a Net Zero company across its entire value chain and has reached 100% renewable energy for its operations. Salesforce has developed strategies for reducing emissions in Scopes 1, 2, and 3 in four key categories: Work From Anywhere, Infrastructure, Business Travel, and Supply Chain.
Salesforce is also unveiling Sustainability Cloud 2.0 to accelerate customers’ path to Net Zero, enabling organizations to track and reduce their carbon emissions and become a sustainable business. New innovations include Slack-First sustainability for better collaboration with suppliers, a carbon offset ecosystem and industry-specific climate action plans.
“Climate change is one of the most pressing crises we face as a planet, and each of us has a responsibility to help,” said Marc Benioff, CEO and President, Salesforce. “I’m proud that Salesforce is one of the few companies to reach net zero and 100% renewable energy, but we can’t stop until we adopt all the solutions and integrate all the companies. . Together, we can sequester 100 gigatons of carbon by restoring, conserving or growing 1,000 billion trees; boost an eco-friendly revolution to develop innovative climate solutions; and accelerate the Fortune 1000 ranking to reach Net Zero. “
“Climate change impacts everyone and everything, and it disproportionately impacts the poorest and most vulnerable, amplifying global inequalities,” said Suzanne DiBianca, Chief Impact Officer and EVP of Corporate Relations at Salesforce. “Sustainability Cloud has accelerated our path to Net Zero, and we are giving customers the transformation tools and reliable data they need to reduce their carbon emissions and take climate action. “
Sustainability is key to becoming a business you can trust. Customers want to do business with companies that are fully committed to climate action. In reality, 58% of people are willing to spend more with companies fighting climate change.
Salesforce extends Net Zero to its entire value chain (Scope 1, 2 and 3)
Salesforce continues to move towards a 1.5 ° C future by focusing on six sustainability priorities: Emissions Reduction, Carbon Removal, Trillion Trees and Ecosystem Restoration, Education and Engagement, Innovation, and Regulation and Policy .
Today, the company is releasing its Climate action plan offer a plan to others to accelerate their journey to Net Zero.
“We need bold and urgent action if we are to keep the promise of Paris and a healthier, cleaner and more time-resilient zero-carbon world. Salesforce has shown significant leadership in climate action through its work of innovation, supply chain decarbonization and policy advocacy, and I encourage companies around the world to get involved now and to join us in the race for zero emissions ”, declared Nigel garnish, United Nations High Level Climate Champions for COP26.
Salesforce achieved net zero emissions by:
- Publicly commit to the shared global goal of achieving a just and just transition to Net Zero, in line with a 1.5 ° C future.
- Prioritize emissions reduction as quickly as possible and align its own emissions across its entire value chain (Scope 1, 2 and 3) on the global trajectory of approximately 50% reduction in emissions by 2030 and emissions close to zero by 2040. With Sustainability cloud, Salesforce has identified the most impactful opportunities to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Offset the remaining emissions by purchasing renewable energy and carbon credits with high credibility, impact and co-benefits. Long term using only suppression credits and short term using a combination of avoidance and suppression credits.
In 2021, Salesforce reached 100% renewable energy, purchasing enough renewable energy to match all the electricity it uses around the world. Since first committing to this goal in 2013, Salesforce has worked to accelerate the global transition to clean, renewable sources of electricity with the goal of a future where renewables power the economy. 24/7 world.
To fight climate change, companies need to reduce their emissions and increase carbon removals from the atmosphere. Salesforce is focused on deploying natural carbon removal tools, including trees and oceans, while advancing technology-based carbon removal solutions. From eco-entrepreneurs to businesses, innovation is necessary to accelerate the path to decarbonization.
Sustainability Cloud 2.0 Accelerates Businesses to Net Zero, Faster
Over 70% of people believe that reducing emissions should be factored into business operations, but tracking a company’s entire emissions value chain is complex and time consuming. With Sustainability Cloud, Salesforce was able to reduce its carbon accounting process from over six months to just six weeks.
Sustainability Cloud is designed to help customers track and reduce their emissions and take action with a comprehensive view of their environmental footprint with investor-grade data for customizable ESG reports. This data is essential for third-party audits, financial records, corporate reputation, and building trust with all stakeholders. Customers of which Cliff bar & Company, ISDI, MillerKnoll, Uhuru and XERO are already starting to use Sustainability Cloud to track their carbon emissions and take action.
Today, Salesforce introduces Sustainability Cloud 2.0 to help organizations make the transition to Net Zero by progressing on the six sustainability priorities and turning commitments into action. In the next generation of Sustainability Cloud, companies will see the following:
- Suppliers are an important part of the carbon reduction equation. Companies will get Investor Level Level 3 reports with Slack-First sustainability, allowing them to effortlessly connect and collaborate securely at scale with suppliers around science-based emission reduction goals through Slack Connect.
- Each industry has unique needs. Businesses will be able to visualize their fastest path to Net Zero with Climate action planning, which includes forecasting, scenario planning and integrated decarbonization plans.
- Climate action needs everyone to mobilize and collaborate. Salesforce is investing in creating a Open trading ecosystem, where customers will be able to purchase and manage high-quality carbon credits from ecopreneurs, advocate for science-based climate policies and democratize sustainability by educating teams.
“At Clif Bar, we are guided by our values, as we strive to create a healthy and sustainable food system. We know that fostering collective climate action, in partnership with our suppliers, is key to our success,” said Roma McCaig, Senior Vice President of Impact and Communications, Cliff bar & Society. “We are committed to creating a net positive impact on the climate. That’s why we’re using the Salesforce Sustainability Cloud to further improve the visibility of our carbon footprint while helping our suppliers reduce theirs. “
Nature-based solutions are essential to tackle the climate crisis
At Salesforce, the environment is a key stakeholder and trees are one of the most efficient solutions for removing carbon from the atmosphere. That’s why Salesforce is a founding partner of 1t.org, a movement for conserve, restore and grow 1,000 billion trees by 2030.
Thanks to Dreamforce Gives, Salesforce makes a donation $ 1 million To American forests and A tree Plant advance tree equity and the urban canopy in low-income communities and neighborhoods, and reforest disaster-affected areas.
- Dreamforce gives: American Forests will focus its efforts on Dallas, Phoenix, and Rhode Island – areas that experience extreme heat and have been identified by American Forests’ Tree equity score as having strong disparities in the tree canopy – and planting more than 1,700 trees in underserved communities in these areas. One Tree Planted will plant trees around the world to support urban reforestation and tree equity in low-income communities and neighborhoods.
- Global citizen: As part of the company’s commitment to the planet, Salesforce partners with leaders and activists for Global Citizen, a movement to mobilize millions of people around the world to defend the planet and end poverty . Inspired by the actions of citizens of the world and within the framework of Global citizen Live event, taking place on September 25, and in partnership with 1T.org, Salesforce will fund the restoration, conservation and growth of an additional 30 million trees by this year, advancing its overall goal of 100M trees by the end of the decade.
- Trees for Jane: Salesforce is also proud to support Trees for Jane, a new campaign to protect and restore the world’s trees and forests, inspired by Dr. Jane goodall. Trees for Jane aims to stop deforestation while allowing individuals to plant and care for their own trees or trees in their backyard, on rooftops or with local community groups.
Protecting our planet requires everyone – governments, investors, businesses, individuals – to work together today to take climate action.
Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, enables businesses of all sizes and in all industries to digitally transform and create a 360 ° view of their customers. For more information on Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unpublished services or features referenced in this press release or in other press releases or public statements are currently not available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce apps should make their purchasing decisions based on the features currently available. Salesforce is headquartered at San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CRM”. For more information, please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.